Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Billy Elliot Opens in Chicago

So, you might be wondering why I would be writing about the Broadway show Billy Elliot opening in Chicago, since I live in NYC, but my uncle is actually in the Chicago Broadway production, which opened this past Sunday. I am so excited for him and so proud of the experience he is getting in this Tony-award winning show. I can not wait to go see it myself, soon I hope.

On opening night, my uncle told me that both Sir Elton John and Oprah Winfrey, among other celebrities were there to see the show. The Oprah Winfrey show was actually recording parts of the opening night and the rehearsals. The show is actually airing THIS Friday, April 16. WATCH IT!!

The Chicago production has received amazing reviews so far. The Chicago Sun Times even said it was better than the NYC production.

"The Chicago production, in many ways far superior to the Broadway edition, could not be more ideally cast."

You can read the rest of the review here: http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/2153192,CST-FTR-Weiss12.article

I would just like to take this opportunity to say to my uncle: I love you! Congratulations! I couldn't be happier for you and I can't wait to see the show. I am going to be screaming at the TV this Friday when I watch the Oprah Winfrey show!

No comments:

Post a Comment