Thursday, March 25, 2010

Some news that made me shake my head

If you read the news as much as I do, or work in the news industry, as I do, you will find that you will often come across news that makes you shake your head in disgust and blow your mind.

So, what is wrong with bake sales exactly?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/17/dining/17bakesale.html?ref=nyregion

Apparently, NYC is banning baked goods at bake sales...what the reason is for this I just don't understand at all! Why is it better for our children, when there is already a huge problem with obesity in children in this country, to have them eat processed food over home cooked baked goods? I just find this whole thing to be crazy, but hey, that's just me.

Speaking of crazy...someone got an idea in their head that a good addition to a playground in an NYC housing project would be a play jail. I don't even have anything to say about this, its beyond crazy and completely just makes me wonder what our world has come to.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/24/a-jail-for-children-stirs-a-ruckus-in-brooklyn/

Why would anyone think its okay to have a play jail? Do they also put play jails in predominantly white neighborhoods? For some reason, I think that they probably don't. These people should be hanging their heads in shame! The good news is that they are removing the words jail from this play area.

No comments:

Post a Comment