Sunday, February 28, 2010

Foreign Countries I Have Traveled To

Traveling has been on my mind lately, my mom and I are currently planning a trip to Italy for this fall and it is very exciting to think about seeing a different place. I love to travel because you get to meet new people, see new places, try new food, walk around and explore different cities and take lots and lots of pictures.

Unfortunately, I haven't been out of the country too many times, but I am very grateful for the places that I have been able to travel to during my life.

My first major trip that got me really excited about traveling was when I went to Sicily for a school trip. I took a travel writing and photojournalism class while I was there. It was a very exciting and beautiful trip for me, and I don't think that I would have traveled abroad during college if I hadn't gone on this trip.

(Picture is from Sicily)




The next place I got to travel to was Paris, France with my mother for a week. We had a great time exploring the city for a week and found that we travel really well together. We kept a journal while we were there, both taking turns writing about our experiences in it. It was a very memorable trip and I am really excited that we will get to take another trip together.



I then studied abroad for several months in Sydney, Australia during my junior year in college. I think that this trip changed me a lot and I do think its very important for everyone to live in another country for a while if they can. During this trip I did things that I never thought I would do in my life. I learned how to surf, I went skydiving, bungee jumping and even got to snorkel at the Great Barrier Reef. It was truly a once in a lifetime experience.

While I was in Australia, I also got to spend a week in the Southern island in New Zealand. Its a beautiful country that I am so glad I got to see. It was a really wonderful trip.
While I was in New Zealand, I was very homesick because it looked so much like Vermont. If you ever get the chance to go to Australia, you do not want to miss New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment