Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Broadway Show: Billy Elliot

My uncle (Mason Roberts or Robert Mason, depending how you know him) is currently in the Broadway show Billy Elliot. The show started in Chicago and I was lucky enough to go see it over Thanksgiving right before it left Chicago to move to Toronto.

The show will be in Toronto until July, so I highly recommend trying to see it if you can. It was a very moving show, one that makes you laugh and cry and everything in between. I was really blown away by how good it was when I saw it. It was an inspiring story and the dancing and music was amazing. Of course, we really enjoyed it because we knew someone in the show, got to go back stage afterwards and even had seats in the third row!


The show just opened in Toronto and Sir Elton John was there for the opening. Here is a picture from the Globe and Mail where you can see my uncle on stage with Elton John. My uncle is the second male on the right and he is smiling :)

You can also read about the opening night here:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/theatre/elton-john-graces-toronto-red-carpet-at-billy-elliot-gala/article1925926/

So proud of you Uncle Bob. Love you and miss you so much!

Here are the pictures from when I went to see the show in Chicago.

(My uncle and I before the show)



(My uncle and my mom before the show)


(On the stage after the show!)


(My uncle, my mom and I on stage)

(My uncles clothes for the show!)



(Dinner after the show with my aunt, uncles, cousins and my mom)


(Love him!)

(Two of my favorite people and me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment